Updated to Firmware 4.00.00-607 -> Dashboard not working (error 500)

Well, I did go there but didn’t change a thing.

Seems that there is some kind of issue with the web app that Apache should be running. But I don’t have any idea on how to do some kind of system restore without having access to the dashboard of even if that might help.

I still have access to SSH and shares, so I’m still good… But I need to fix this.

Some help here would be appreciated.

Solution: re-run update through SSH.

# cd /DataVolume/shares/Public/# wget http://download.wdc.com/nas/sq-040000-607-20140630.deb.zip
# unzip sq-040000-607-20140630.deb.zip
# /usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /DataVolume/shares/Public/sq-040000-607-20140630.deb

Cheers.

Edit: That is, of course, if you had SSH enabled. If not… I don’t know. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m able to access Twonky and my shares but not the main UI dashboard. I’m unable to make a connection on SSH, as I hadn’t turned it on. Is there a way to enable SSH other than through the dashboard?

hobbla wrote:

I’m able to access Twonky and my shares but not the main UI dashboard. I’m unable to make a connection on SSH, as I hadn’t turned it on. Is there a way to enable SSH other than through the dashboard?

No that I know of… Try to get in touch with support, maybe they have some way to “force” some automatic update.  :frowning:

I have same problems with extremely unresponsive Dashboard and all user interaction taking for ever. Can you explain this SSH process in a bit more detail please? I am assuming I will be able to turn it on at some point even if I have to wait for an hour!! Please help!

Think i’ll be sticking with my current FW for a bit longer…YIKES!

Is there an easy way to downgrade the firmware. Can access ssh fine but do not want v4 when it’s buggy and won’t allow the use of transmission anymore.

Awe DANG IT!!! Too late! Had it set to automaticly update!

Think the previous firmware is avail for dwnld somewhere on the site? It would be great if it is as simple as that.

Same issue…

After yesterday’s update torrent-daemon stopped working, made it reinstall (with errors). Tried reboot. After reboot dashboard stopped working.

After that made 40 second reset… Now I have no valid user and SSH access. Completely frustrated.

Now trying to re-execute 40 second reset and get to working credentials. Hopefully this will change something.

BR,

Jevgenijs

Doesn’t sound good, read through the Guide Transm** ission2.82** thread and you will find instructions on down grading the firmware if you so choose or re-apply the current V4 firmware in another recent thread, but both require ssh. Hopefully you can get ssh or the dashboard running.

Tried the steps in the guide and it didn’t work for me :frowning: luckily I enabled ssh beforehand though. Will have to keep trying.

Tried the steps in the guide and it didn’t work for me   luckily I enabled ssh beforehand though. Will have to keep trying.

Which part didn’t work? I had to manually download the 3.4 firmware from my web browser and then unzip it into the nas public folder as the wget command was killed by the abominbal V4 firmware (selinux?). Once the unzipped firmware was in place in the nas public folder/fileshare and I edited the  updateFirmwareFromFile.sh script and commented/hashed out the downgrade prevention and then ran the updateFirmwareFromFile.sh script on the firmware.

Yeah done all that unzipped it to public but when I point terminal to it I get a cannot find file message even though it’s the correct path

is it too much to ask for  a single file to use to roll back the firmware in the same way as an update?

1 Like

_ THANKFULLY  _, I haven’t had any problems…Hope all works out for everyone.

I applied the update again using Manual Update from the Dashboard. Gave it one night to sleep and catch up with content scanning. Everything seems to be working as earlier for me now. All user interactions are as it used to be (it was never superfast) and my internet connection seems to be holding up so far. I had a few conflicting port forwarding set up in my router and I removed them. So, fingers crossed for now. I am not going to be downgrading.

Hello everyone.

I have the same issue, but when I have  SSH disabled, and now I can’t access it.

Any suggestions how I can re-enable SSH?

Thanks.

Having had issues, after originally saying I’d had no problems, I’m trying firmware update via SSH, downloads and unzips OK, but I get the response:

WDMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares/Public# usr/local/sbin/updateFirmwareFromFile.sh /DataVolume/shares/Public/sq-040000-607-20140630.deb
-bash: usr/local/sbin/dateFirmwareFromFile.sh: No such file or directory
usr/local/sbin/

I’ve tried with a space after File.sh, and without a space, but still the same problem. The file is definitely in the directory, I’ve checked.

Any ideas?

***UPDATE**** Now spotted my own syntax error - duh! Update in progress, we shall see. :manembarrassed:

Finally I’ve restored hardware operation by following this guide:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/GUIDE-Debrick-a-completely-dead-MyCloud/td-p/704480

Yes, It was a good idea to have backup of all my data also in offline HDDs. So I’ve just lost my warranty and time, but got useful knowledge and experience. Will never allow automatical firmware update from now on.