Updated My Book Software - Restore & Backup tabs greyed out

Icon - see attached pic with arrow pionting to it.

part screen image

No, I didn’t format it.  We’ll I lie, I did a while ago when the disk wouldn’t work properly.

I am currently backing up with Belkin backup and if that works okay I will manually delete the WD backup.

Be careful when deleting as it has error when deleting long chains of directory entries.

You have to reduce the chains by splitting and moving to a temporary directory then deleting that directory.

:smiley:

Sorry but doesn’t work on my machine. Had problem intermittently in win 7 but solid fault after update to win8.

Same problem. Clicking the *unlabeled* MyBook icon does nothing. No response - not even a tooltip. Is no one from WD ever going to address this problem?

Add me to the list of folks who tried to update, just as the instructions said. Upon restarting my laptop (just as the directions said) I found that when I went back into my WDSmartware (by clicking on the icon in my Notification Area tray) my ‘Backup’ and ‘Retrieve’ tabs are not accessible. Even more frustrating is that I’m still being informed that I still need to ‘Update’.

Please help solve this issue. I am running on Windows 7, and never had a problem accessing these tabs prior to this attempted update.

I updated to WD Smartware 2.1.0.11 (WIN7) and only my Backup tab was grayed out.  On the Home page there was an icon of the MyBook drive above the category list.  Clicking on this as suggested fixed the problem.  Thanks!  BUT I’m still having trouble retrieving individual files since none show up on the second page of the “retrieve” tab.  I don’t know why WD software is so non-intuitive and complicated.