Updated FW to 1.14.09 - now looses network connection

Hi.

Updated FW to 1.14.09 today and I can’t play my .mkv files over the network Share anymore, although they worked just fine pre-update! (I’m WIRED connection too!)

Strangely, whilst playing the files, first the video goes and the file list screen re-appears but the film’s audio still plays momentarily, then also dies. It comes up with the “Network has been re-set / does not exist” kind of message.

If I power down the box and re-start, I have to re-find the network and select my shared files etc and then it will play again until the next ramdom drop off.

Funnily enough, it plays .avi files ok over the network.

I’ve re-booted the router, unplugged the WDTV box but still having the issues.

What’s gone wrong?

Can I roll-back the firmware? and if so, how?

Thanks

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Try a reset to factory defaults via the setup menu before you rollback.

I have same issue of “jennyTaylia” after update to 1.14.09!

Ciao!

Hi.

Done the Factory Reset but had no effect.

How do I roll back the firmware please, I can’t find any setting on the menus

Thanks

Seems loads of people are having the same issues after the upgrade!

Can anyone from WD please contribute either an answer or a patch / update that gets our WDTV boxes working as they should / were?

Just also found out that it no longer plays .mkv’s from the local USB hard Drive (Same results / issues as above) that was working perfectly before.

richUK wrote:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Try a reset to factory defaults via the setup menu before you rollback.

Thanks Rich

it seems your link is instructions as to how to rollback . . . didn’t realise! :dizzy_face:

No problem here. Plays all files fine off network shares with 1.14.09…

I use DHCP, but it is configured to use static DHCP lease on the DHCP server for all my WDTV Live unit IP addresses.

OK, so I’ve rolled back the firmware but my WDTV box is goosed!

The problem still exists, so the updating has done something to prevent .mkv files playing that played perfectly before.

The problem is that at random times, whilst watching the film, the video disappears, leaving a message “Content Source has been removed” - next, the audio stops.

I then have to re-search on my network for the source and it will “Resume” from where it crashed, only to crash again at another random point.

It plays ok with .vob files and .avi and nothing has been changed with the PC, router or wiring.  The only change has been the WDTV “Upgrade”

HELP please, it’s driving me nuts!