Updated firmware to 4.22 B and now no shared drive

This drives me crazy, updated the firm and now everything works except the shared folder? [deleted] Youtube works, Pandora but not the most important feature? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Someone mentioned a “hard reset”, how do you do that?

Press the side paperclip button for a couple of seconds and then release with the unit fully booted up.

Did the hard reset and now It won’t turn on? The light is on and when I insert the USB the I dictator is on?

Indicator

When you say it will not turn on do you mean that you have no picture. The light on the front is on but nothing is on the screen. Are you connected via HDMI? There is a possibility that the WDTV cannot negiate the correct resolution on your TV. Try connecting via the composite video output and then setting the HDMI manually.

When I restart or turn on I see the WD logo and then nothing. I have it setup via compos not HDMI. I noticed a new firm ware 4.31? How would I get the device to load the update, I think the device is bricked. I may need to send it back… Isn’t there a 1 year warranty?

There is a 1 or 2 year warranty depending on where you live in the world.

Thanks, I would like to try to install the new firmware first via USB. If the unit is not responding, how would I get the player to load the firmware. If this is not possible, looks like I may need to get a replacement.

The device is not bricked. The probable cause and I have seen it too many times is that your digital TV resolution is not locking into the WD box resolution. Try setting up the device using an analogue video cable.

On my Samsung changed all the resolution etc. still nothing?