Updated firmware and now it destroys are network when a few are backing up to it

03.01.04-139 to 04.04.03-113

When we were on 0.3x any number of employees could backup there stuff. Now if more then 2 people try to back up at the same time it literally times out our whole network. We have 1000GBPS switches and about 40 PCs. Normally it happens at the end of the day when everyone email backup goes off(not everyone backs up everyday about 3 to 5 people per day).

I’d recommend running a system-only factory reset. It may be possible for the unit’s OS to have a firmware conflict based on usage and activity at the time the unit was updated.

I am pretty sure that is the same as the 40 second reset which I have already done.

We had 1 email backup going yesterday and it completely took down our network for 3 minutes at the end of the day.

It is not. The switch reset only affects Dashboard access settings, not the actual OS within the unit.

It is… See the User Manual:

System Only: Changes all settings back to the factory default values, makes private shares public, and returns the administrator password to none. Your content remains untouched and intact. Note: You can also do a system restore physically. See “Resetting the My Cloud Device” on page 90.

P90:

Resetting with Power Off At the same time as you plug power into the My Cloud device, press the Reset button and hold for about 40 seconds. The device undergoes a system restore and powers on.

Were you replying to me or Trancer? Are they the same?