Update Twonky

Hi All,

Is there a way to update Twonky without actually having to update the MyCloud.

I have just updated my TV to a Samsung F8000 from an ES8000. On the ES all thumbnails were present from the MyCloud. On the F series they are not.

I know this is because I am currently running Twonky v7.2.6-2G and it needs be be running v7.2.8…

…But, version 7.2.8 of Twonky is only bundled with the Clouds v4 firmware and after the slow speeds I had and the hassel of having to downgrade to v3 on the Cloud, there is no way I am updating again until a decent firmware is released that actually works.

Many Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

I have not tried this since it is no supported. Maybe other user can share some thoughts on this matter.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Is there then a way to uninstall Twonky and install something else?

1 Like

gogood wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a way to update Twonky without actually having to update the MyCloud.

I have just updated my TV to a Samsung F8000 from an ES8000. On the ES all thumbnails were present from the MyCloud. On the F series they are not.

I know this is because I am currently running Twonky v7.2.6-2G and it needs be be running v7.2.8…

…But, version 7.2.8 of Twonky is only bundled with the Clouds v4 firmware and after the slow speeds I had and the hassel of having to downgrade to v3 on the Cloud, there is no way I am updating again until a decent firmware is released that actually works.

Many Thanks

Exactly I have your problem in this topic:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/MyCloud-and-Twonky-not-showing-Thumbnails-on-TV/td-p/792105

I have 55F8090 and your problem :(((