Update Theme Failed Now Blank Screen

I am using the latest firmware (don’t know the number as I cannot boot the device anymore)

I wanted to use the latest Black Mamba theme (30 March 2012) .So on my windows PC, I downloaded the theme, extracted the rar file. Then zipped the Theme Folder + all the .XLM files. Then under “Network” in Windows Explorer, I chose the WDTV Live, this brought up a firefox browser screen with the WDTV screen. I entered the “admin” password. Once connected, I chose Appearance, then browsed for the zip file I created and clicked on Submit. It then said Please Wait on the screen. After a couple minutes, it still had Please Wait, I looked at the WDTV Live Streaming box and realised I didn’t switch it on and it was just in Standby mode. I assumed it was waiting for me to turn it on so I got the remote to turn it on. I got no response, the white light did not come on. I thought, it must be transferring the file still so I gave it a few more minutes. 

Next I decided to close the browser menu to see if it would let me turn the WDTV box on…still nothing. I then pulled the power cable out thinking it must have hung.  Turned the box back on. The WD logo came up, then blank screen and nothing. Each time I turn it on, it just comes up with the WD logo, and then blank screen. I tried the reset button but that doesn’t do anything. Do I need to hold it down when powering up? I cannot even connect to the WDTV from my windows PC anymore. Clicking it under Network just brings up a blank browser screen which says connecting to (IP adddress)

Have I bricked the device?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Have never played with themes.  I suggest you to PM DeVicious, who is the author of the Black Mamba Theme.

@ninja168:

Have you tried resetting your device via the button on the bottom of the box?  There should be a small hole on the bottom next to the word “reset”.  To hit the button in the hole you porbably need a paper clip.  See if this works.  If it does not & you cannot connect via the web interface, you may have bricked your device.

I would contact WD support about it @  http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I have gone through their warranty/RMA services dept. on a Live Streaming not too long ago and they were very helpful & quick in response.

Good luck & I hope it works out for you.