Update single APP... it's possible?

It’s possibile the check and update a single app ?

For example:

I can say if one of app present in firmware 1.05.47 present an update… it’s possibile to check it and update if present an update ??

Every time i use a app there’s update automatically ?? or every app update we need to release a new firmware version ?

It is the latter case.  App updates come with firmware updates.  Whereas, the Roku gets updates for apps as they individually come in.  Then again, Roku has gazillions of apps; the WD, relatively few. 

roku ?? What is it? a new player by WD or different brand ?

What is Roku?  It is a streaming video player from the Roku company.  Roku was created by Netflix quite a few years ago to expressly create and sell a device to stream Netflix movies to the TV.  (They “invented” Netflix TV streaming.)  A few years ago, Roku was spun off from Netflix as a separate company.  They make a few different models of streaming devices.  Their models’ prices range between $50-100. If it is within your budget, just buy the top model and be done with it.   Netflix is only one app of the Roku device.  The Roku can have hundreds of streaming channels. 

I have a few Rokus and WD players.  Each product has its strengths and weaknesses,  Together, connected to the same TV, they are awesome.  If you want a lot of streaming channels to choose from, then get a Roku, too. 

Check it out:  www.roku.com

interesting… but it’s a media player ?? support, 4 example, player from usb devices ? x264 or other codec ?

*EDIT*

I thinks no… roku dont support usb device…

The top model supports a flash drive attached and can play simple media such as mp3 music, mp4 video and jpg photos.  But apps for mobile devices such as Twonky Beam, VLC Streamer and apps for the PC such as MyMedia and Plex can serve up higher quality files such as ISO and MKV.  Need high bandwidth available for the higher quality stuff.

Yes… the top model support only for SD maybe… if he had i thinks it’s better.

Hey boys… i have one question about this feature:

How i can found a actual version installed on recent firmware ??

For example, for youtube how i can verify the version of API installed now ?? And how i can check it’s exist a updated version on internet ?

P.S. I can’t need to say it’s possible to install but only verify manually (for example from youtube site) if exist a more recent version of current youtube app…

Forget about the WD Youtube app.  Use Twonky Beam app on a mobile device (tablet, phone)  to “beam” (stream) any Youtube or other videos to your WD unit.  Easy as pie!

mike27oct wrote:

Forget about the WD Youtube app.  Use Twonky Beam app on a mobile device (tablet, phone)  to “beam” (stream) any Youtube or other videos to your WD unit.  Easy as pie!

yeah… but if it’s present because sometime we can’t use :slight_smile:

I know it’s better to download flv or mp4 from a pc and watching the file from a usb pendrive :slight_smile:

I have no idea what you mean!

If you have a mobile device, find the Twonky Beam app, install it and try it with your WD, Roku, Apple TV, etc…  That is all I said before. 

Youtube Leanback is updated by Youtube.

foetus wrote:

Youtube Leanback is updated by Youtube.

ok … with this what you mean? i can’t understand…

Youtube has control over Leanback on all devices.

foetus wrote:

Youtube has control over Leanback on all devices.

ok now I understand… i can’t explain the sense of my last question… i need to speak italian for explain to your becuse in english you can’t understand how i can try to say really.

I have understand this usefull tip:

mike27oct wrote:

but the sense of this my last question it’s another…