Update on My Cloud OS 5 Feedback

Hello My Cloud users,

We just released firmware 5.06.115 today. Here are some updates on the top issues for your information:

Indexing time & resources : In today’s firmware 5.06.115, we refined our RestSDK’s memory usage during content indexing for cloud access in certain scenarios. Some users may see an improvement on indexing with this release. We will continue to refine the indexing process and make improvements or fixes in future releases. Also, we noticed there are questions related to indexing so we’ve created an Indexing FAQ to help answer them. KBA link

Docker : In today’s firmware 5.06.115, we’ve enabled the ability for users to manually install Docker on the ARM platforms (My Cloud EX2 Ultra, My Cloud EX4100, My Cloud Mirror Gen 2). Please note the same ability is already enabled on the Intel Platforms (My Cloud PR2100, My Cloud PR4100)

Unable to backup USB drive as private share : In today’s firmware 5.06.115, we’ve resolved this issue with the USB Backup app where a user cannot backup to USB private shares in certain scenarios.

Web dashboard access is restricted to the same subnet : In today’s firmware 5.06.115, we’ve removed the restriction of web dashboard access from a different subnet.

Apps page does not load : We noticed some users are reporting a loading issue with the apps page from web dashboard. We are still investigating this issue. In today’s firmware 5.06.115, we’ve added error handling and message in the web dashboard so the page does not get stuck in continuous loading under certain scenarios.

Remotely access Transmission app : While the Transmission app was released with the last firmware release 5.05.111, we noticed some users are asking to be able to remotely access Transmission’s configuration app page. This is something we are looking into. You may refer to this post from our PSPIRT team for more information.

Device wakes up from sleep every hour : We have been able to reproduce the issue and are investigating the issue. We will provide a fix in a future release.

Accessing MySQL from outside of network : We have noticed some users are asking to remove the restriction of accessing MySQL only from localhost. We will look into addressing it.

Transcoding on PR2100 & PR4100 : We are working on having an option to skip video transcoding in a future release. We’ll let you know when it is ready.

Again, we thank you for all the feedback and suggestions you have provided. We will continue to provide status updates on these topics. If you have provided feedback that isn’t listed above, we may be still investigating it so please continue to work with our Support team to provide the details needed.

Thanks,

My Cloud Product Team

3 Likes