Update 4.3.327 don't work with mac high sierra and mojave

@lex_on - Thank you. That file installs version 4.2.280 and does seems to work just fine in Mojave as well.

The “Enable silent update” looks like was removed/deprecated from the software sometime after the updates from version 3.5.x – Now it looks like you have to click “Update” to actually do an update to 4.3.x

Funny thing is, the update says it: “This includes bug fixes and enhancements”. I guess WD thinks removing the functionality of access to the drive through Finder is an “enhancement”. – Stay with version 4.2.280 and all seems to work again and as close to the latest version as we can be at this time.

@clementtan Thank you for the link to the full installer for version 4.2.288. I assume this is a small update to 4.2.280. I may give that version a try next.

v4.2.288 works fine as well (at least did for me).

Take a look at the post by @clementtan who posted a link to the knowledge base from WDC to address this issue.

Acknowledging the issue is great news and hopefully they are working on the solution. I personally feel better about this and at least now have the newest version before 4.3.327 that is working fine.

Uninstall any version currently installed and then install 4.2.288. Don’t update and hope that WD releases a newer version that doesn’t have the same issue as 4.3.327.

thanks, mine doesn’t have that option :smiley:

Hello, thanks for all you did. But it does not work for me. 4.2.288 is the same problem. MCH does not mount on the finder. The worst is that MycloudHome with TimeMachine is always on the finder!!! but I don’t care about.

bye

Thank you @tekram!!! I can stop pulling my hair out now!!! <3

Thank you so much! I was freaking out since all of my files are on the WD Drive and I was unable to access it after the update and tech support was absolutely no help! You rock!

When is WD fixing the update 4.3.327 issue? I’m on version 10.12.6 macOS Sierra and after clicking to software update my HomeCloud drive is NO More visible on Finder.

Can anyone send me a link to revert to a previous workable version? Thank you.

Thanks lex_on. This version works! You rock :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Here is the link posted above. Uninstall the WD Discovery app and install this version. It worked for me. https://downloads.wdc.com/wdapp/WD-Discovery-darwin-prod-x64-3_5_138_full.dmg

Hi Lex_on,
It works! Thanks a lot, you really save our time and trouble!!! Thank you!

Today when I tried to access My Cloud from my Mac, I got a message saying the software was no longer supported and forcing me to upgrade to the new version of the desktop app, which doesn’t allow me to access my MyCloud from the Finder. I also an unable to sign in as a registered user. This is so frustrating! I uninstalled the new version again and went back to the previous version. I’m worried this will stop working and I will be unable to access my data! Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Likewise I’m in the same situation has anyone tried the update and is it working?