"unsupported management command" for G-Speed Studio R (macOS / OSX)

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum so please let me know if I’m missing something. I searched for this issue but couldn’t find anything…

I just received a 16TB G-SPEED Studio R and want to change the RAID configuration. From the manual and other posts on this forum I know that I need to delete the current Logical Drive before creating a new one. However, when I attempt to access the Logical Drive menu of the G-Speed utility I receive an error (unsupported management command):

The Wizard also comes up blank (screenshot omitted because I’m a new user.)

The drive is correctly recognized (as far as I can tell):

I’m running an iMac with 10.12.6 as an administrator. I left the drive connected over the weekend to initialize by I’m still having this issue. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Go up to the G-Speed Studio Software Utility text on the top bar and click on check for updates. See if there is a firmware update for your unit and if so let it do the updates and restart your computer.

Is the system you are using a newer Mac with a TB3 connection or is it a TB2 connection?

Hi Rydia!

Thanks for your response. I also created a support ticket and heard back this morning:

Hi Joseph,

Please uninstall/remove the current version of the application
Please download and use version for Mac OS 10.9-10.11
http://download.g-technology.com/software/gsu-mac.zip

Regards,
Louie
G-Technology Support Center

This software worked and I reformatted my drive successfully.

I was trying to use software from here, labeled macOS 10.12+:

The link Louie sent me is for the software labeled macOS 10.9-10.11 (while I’m running 10.12). I imagine a future update will resolve this issue but the old software appears forward compatible for now. Hopefully this will help others with macOS 10.12 :smiley:

I’m using TB2 on a Late 2015 iMac. I didn’t try to update the firmware because the option didn’t come up - it was greyed out.

My issue is resolved. Cheers!

On the top panel and click ""Check for updates. See if there is a firmware update for your device, and if so, allow it to update and reboot your computer. I had the same problem. The same thing happened with a working laptop, and I was trying to fix the problem. After that, it was going through allied health practice management, and something had to be done. Since this program was not working, that would have affected me. And I didn’t want to get hurt, so I’m sure this will help you. If you’re trying to solve it.