Unlock .swstor file

I am very new at this so I hope this makes sense. My Book Essential is unlocked but the file .swstor shows it is locked. How do I unlock it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Ian

It would best to clarify. The WD SmartWare SWSTR folder is a regular folder. It should not be locked or encrypted.

What happens when you try to open it or copy the content from this folder? Do you get a particular error message? If so, what is the error?

Thanks for getting back to me, when I open My Computer - My Book - WD SmartWare.swstor (the icon for this folder has a picture of a folder with a lock on the lower left side).
When I hold the cursor over the folder it shows that the folder is empty, but if I right click on the folder then click properties it shows 8.11 GB. When I open the folder it shows the folder is empty, unless I right click, go to properties and again it shows the folder has 8.11 GB.
If I open Computer it shows the drives on the computer, if I right click on My Book(K) it shows on a pie graph I have used 1.81 TB and 3.47 MB Free space.
So…I can not copy the contents because when open it says "this folder is empty. I never encountered an error message.
If I open the WD SmartWare .swstor folder, right click go to Share with there is an icon of a lock in front of Nobody. When I try to open, nothing comes up.

I hope this is enough information. Thanks, Ian

This is very unusual. When encryption is active, it affects the whole unit, not a particular folder within it. I believe it would be best to contact WD Support about this for an investigation. You can do so over the phone or via E-mail.

Thank you Trancer for your time spent on this problem. I will phone WD Support this coming week and see if they can shed some light on this problem. Take care, Ian