Unit turns on, then off, then back on at startup

God I hate this thing…here goes

When this device works (after a push of the reset button) it turns on and stays on and boots in seconds…that is 1 out of 100 times. Normally it turns on, quickly turns off, then back on and the stupid light blinks constantly. This will take several minutes for it to do whatever it’s doing. I don’t understand why it’ll work fine once or twice after a reset and then it’s back to it’s old tricks of taking forever to boot when I don’t change anything or unplug anything. I’m on the latest firmware. 

Are we talking about the right product?

The Live / Live + hasn’t been sold in years – and hasn’t been updated in almost 2 years.

The Live / Live+ only “blinked” when there was a hardware failure or if there was a USB drive attached.

What firmware version are you using?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Are we talking about the right product?

The Live / Live + hasn’t been sold in years – and hasn’t been updated in almost 2 years.

The Live / Live+ only “blinked” when there was a hardware failure or if there was a USB drive attached.

What firmware version are you using?

I believe he is talking about the right product. Unfortunately the WD TV (or Live HUB 1TB) has always been problematic. I suffered the same problem. There is a glitch in the hardware itself which causes the power button to ‘stick’ - either ON or OFF, or go on endless loops. Resetting the device and leave it unplugged for a day eemed to help, but who knows for how long. There is an unofficial fix if you search online which requires disassembly and mod.

80sGuy wrote:  I believe he is talking about the right product. … There is a glitch in the hardware itself which causes the power button to ‘stick’ - either ON or OFF, or go on endless loops

None of these products have a power button.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

80sGuy wrote:  I believe he is talking about the right product. … There is a glitch in the hardware itself which causes the power button to ‘stick’ - either ON or OFF, or go on endless loops

None of these products have a power button.

There’s a power circuit inside the box. Yours may not have a power button outside but I do on my WD TV LIVE HUB. They’re pretty much all the same inside and all they do is wreak havoc.