Understanding The Major Difference Between 2 Models Besides Warranty Time Period

Hello, I figured HGST is a WD company now and thought it would be okay to ask this before i make my final decision today or tomorrow to purchase one of them.
Right now I am looking at 2 hard drives to choose one of them for my laptop and I am so not a tech guy and not sure which one to go with based on reliability, performance, speed, etc. I purchased my laptop, Dell Studio XPS 1640, back in 2009 with Seagate Momentus 7200.2 - 500 GB and used it up until 2 weeks ago when i couldn’t boot anymore and working on rescuing 8 years worth of data. Here are the options I was considering but I am so not sure which one to go with. Is the warranty time period only difference between these two models or something else that will help me more to choose one of them ?

1- WD Black WD10JPLX - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822235089&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC--pla--Hard+Drives±+Notebooks+%2F+Laptops-_-N82E16822235089&gclid=CKWeybqi7dICFY6Eswod73gChg&gclsrc=aw.ds

2- HGST Travelstar 7K1000 HTS721010A9E630 - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145881

I appreciate your response via email. Thank you.

They are not comparable beyond basic specs. The manufacturing process, firmware, and internal components are different. I’d recommend going for the one that suits your personal needs the most considering pricing and overall warranty. You can also look for online reviews or benchmarks for the two models.

My question is I am ready to invest 10 more dollars for WD but I am not sure which one has better and newer firmware, internal components that I can rely on for at least 8 years which is the time my previous hard drive, Seagate last.

I did my homework and searched every single chart and reports on backblaze and bencmarks as well, but still not sure. capacity, performance and reliability wise, they are both seen at the same scale,level of reliability but still no clue which one to go with. Backblaze does show reports based on not the specific model i look at. But backblaze reports show that HGST has low failure rate compared to WD. but reviews say WD Black is something more solid than HGST . not sure these are based on what type of hard drive (desktop, 3GB,4GB, etc) all i look for is a hard drive that is 7200 rpm, 1 TB, laptop hard drive which both of these models has, but which one has low failure rate? i know warranty that WD has is 5 yrs but doesnt mean HGST will last 3 years only so they have only 3 yrs warranty. considering WD wants HGST unite with them under WD instead of competing, makes me think obviously HGST’s significant success took significant attention of WD with their products up until 2012 which is the year that came up first time. JUst trying to understand those facts to decide which one is better. May I ask about those few NOT same specs so maybe it will help me a bit to come to a decision.