Undefined error when adding user email id

Hi there!

I recently purchased 2TB WD My Cloud device from Amazon in India. I setup the machine using the instructions. But when I added users, it created the users by show me an error and did not populate email id for any of them. The error is weird and pic is enclosed here in. Can you provide any help otherwise I will be forced to return the product the in a day or so.

Thanks,
Nitin

1 Like

Have you looked at the User Manual CH.6 for setting up new users?

https://community.wd.com/search?context=category&context_id=105&q=Undefined&skip_context=false

How do you fix it

I tried all

WD servers seems to be down, check the cloud status after selecting user which shows failed since yesterday. Nothing can be done as this is WD’s problem and only they can fix this. once the My Cloud drive gets connected you will be able to create account. contact WD Support in short.

Is it fixed at your end? i am also facing the same issue.

Still NOT fixed. Still NO acknowledgement from WD despite the numerous Forum posts from different Users since yesterday.

Hi Marl,

I am facing the same issue. I would request you to get back to me in case it gets resolved at your end. I will also get back to you if it gets resolved. I unpacked the device today and I am facing these issues. If it persists I will send it back tomorrow.

Facing the same issue. Request you to get back to me if it works for you at this point.

Not fixed yet. Same issue

Wd, if giving problem in first try or use. Who will buy wanna again? I won’t…

Its a big issue… 1st impression is last impression.

WD failed here. I tried everything but still same issue.

same issue , 4 day ago i buy, day 1 looks good , now problem , 1st buy and 1 st impression. very bad

Same issue here. I also buyed it 1 dag ago. Tried everything that’s mentioned here: for example the 40 sec reset and DNS change. Help is welcome

Same problem here. I’ve had an EX2 for 4 years and when i did the 40sek reset i can’t send code or make account for cloud - access. Have had problems with streaming to my 10year old smart TV but now this working great. Hope this “undefined” error solves soon…

still same, nothing fixed.

Yes, it started with Cloud Access connection status turing to “Failed”. Tries to restore system which call for resetup, end up finding unable to input my email address, thus getting this error.

I have 3 system , 2 encounter this issue because 1 just done a full restore due to suspect bad sector, another because i restore the system and need to rerun setup. Tries restore save setting also did not help. The last one i did not touch anything but access connection turn failed this morning.

This seem to be a problem on the WD server side. Nothing you do on your end can fix it.

So i am now totally without cloud access.

Am contemplating to get another WD MyCloud but i guess i need to thing twice if the problem may not be fix if WD decided to pull the plug for support for old MyCloud.

to day 3rd i restore my systems but still the same “error undefined” when apply email address . we can’t use this for important job or office , no support iteract and no announcement for customer , mybe the problem is not much customer . information about this is not much.
i use mikrotik port all open , lookup dns looks good wd2go.com , wd.com etc
NTS Clock looks good , update firmware etc .
so whats the problem ??

No one know the problem and no support from WD

Worse experience to buy my cloud ex2 ultra. I will wait more this week after that i will return.

Let see…

There is no surety about the days. However I remember that WD took almost 15-20 days on one occasion however fixed in 2-3 days on other occasion and this happens almost every month end since March. You can visit status.mycloud.com and see it yourself. and they will only update about the outage on this page once they will resolve the problem to show that they have fixed in 2-3 days.

I just manage to register the emails for my two affected MyCloud. However , the cloud access status turn to failed shortly for all mycloud drives including the earlier untouched ones. So i am still out of cloud access. Guess i just got to wait.