Unbrick mycloud 1 bay gen 2

After performing the unbrick procedure, if you can access the My Cloud Dashboard but there are still errors or issues. One troubleshooting step is to perform a System Only factory restore via the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Utilities. If after a System Only factory restore the issues persist, try performing a Quick Restore.

Note a System Only restore does not delete user data. But a Quick Restore will delete all user data.

i tried doing Quick Reset, it end up with bricking the drive again.

quick reset stuck at 98%and Full Reset stuck at 31%.

Please confirm, with your method do i need to format the below partition before booting up with WDMC?

SDB2
SDB4
SDB5
SDB6
SDB7

While I do not have a second gen single bay/single drive My Cloud, on a first gen one does not need to format most of those partitions. On a first gen the SDB1 and SDB2 are linked together to create MD0. SDB3 is set as a swap partition. SDB4 on the first gen is the main user data partition. Which is why on a first gen one formats SDB4 as EXT4.

On a first gen one does not need to format; SDB1, SDB2, SDB5, SDB6, SDB7, SDB8. One is pushing the rootfs.img file to MD0 (SDB1 and SDB2). On is pushing the kernel.img file to SDB5 and SDB6. One is pushing the config.img file to SDB7 and SDB8.

However, one generally performs a different method to unbrick a second gen v2.x single bay My Cloud. It is quite possible something similar ultimately happens. That certain img files get pushed to certain partitions.

No.
These partitions will be formatted by WD Firmware installer later.

Not sure, what i am doing wrong thenā€¦

It is going to be a really stupid question. But are you sure you have a gen 2 single bay/single drive My Cloud? Check the P/N number on the bottom of the My Cloud enclosure, a second genā€™s P/N should be something like this and end in a ā€œ-10ā€: P/N: WDBCTLxxxxxxx- 10

@Bennor- Yes Mate itā€™s Gen 2

WDBCTL0020HWT-10

Hello guys
I have a 2nd gen device(PN ends with -10) .
Somehow the device was dropped on the floor and the hdd is damaged mechanically.
I tried to put a different hdd(2Tb) but, no matter the image iā€™ve downloaded, the led is still blinking red.
in the past, i had some problems with the device and iā€™ve solved these problems with this guide:

Now, (stupid me), i canā€™t find the WD Recovery + My miniOS and the link isnā€™t working anymore.
Does anyone still has these files and can make them available to download?
thanks.
Cristian

Sorry to jump in on thisā€¦when formatting other volumes can this be done using gparted within Ubuntu?

How were you able to get the firmware loaded? Mine stays stuck at a spinning wheel with 0%?!

so, I am also having spinning wheel and no percentage shown, but when i displayed debug console on my browser while sending bin file i get HTTP error 413 - Request Entity Too Large. Cant get around this at the moment, maybe someone has figured it out?

Edit:
After using image My_Cloud_GLCR_2.31.204.bin the firmware flashed successfully, had to do 4sec reset, ten multiple try configuring device and upgrading to latest os5 firmware. Now the problem is i cannot login to cloud account from device, so it is unavailable from mobile app etc.

You likely are experiencing the indexing issue that drags down the single bay/single drive second gen My Cloud making it inaccessible. Depending on how much data is on the drive (if any) it may take several days or more for the indexing to finish.

There is a different subforum for OS5 issues. This subforum deals with OS3 issues.

OS5 My Cloud
https://community.wd.com/c/os5/my-cloud-os5/257

Some WD Support Knowledge Base articles on the OS5 indexing issue.

My Cloud OS 5 Cloud Access Content Indexing FAQ
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30021

Best Practice for My Cloud OS 5 Cloud Access and Indexing
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30014

Thanks for info! Unfortunatelly it was not the indexing.
the solution for my problem was:
settings->utilities,
restore default settings: system only.
then i set up the device once again and during this setup i could login to cloud account.
for those that in the future may experience similar issue: you can do configuration backup before it, and after you can do import of the settings.