Unallocated Space with Acronis True Image WD Edition when Cloning

I am trying to clone to a new WD Blue WDS500G1B0A using the cloning software provided by WD, Acronis True Image.

When trying to clone to my new 500gb Blue drive, it will not allow me to clone to an expanded partition, instead it wants to create 241gb of unallocated space.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thank you

Hi,

Are you cloning the drive through the Manual or Automatic option of WD Acronis True Image?

When doing automatic, it will put all the unallocated space to the recovery partition (which is only 400 megs on the original drive, so it ends up being a 241 gig recovery partition), which is obviously not where I want it.

When using manual, if i remove the space from where it wants to put it, and make it unallocated, it will not allow me to reallocate to the main C partition. It will only allow the C partition to be the original 243gig size that it is, and nothing larger.

I eventually went with the Manual settings, and downloaded and installed Partition Magic and expanded the C partition to its proper size.

I have never had an issue before with Acronis software cloning hard drives (I’ve got Acronis 2014 installed on another computer that I have used to clone several drives over the years, it also did the same thing, so I’m thinking this is an ongoing bug with Acronis itself).

I am having the same problem and need help to fix it

I had the same problem and fixed it by buying the full version of Acronis True Image 2018. It worked just fine then.