Unable to write to My Book 3TB

I cannot write to My Book P/N WDBBGB0030HBK-NA
Windows 7 Ultimate, can’t even start a backup using WD utilities.
Even after running all quick tests in WD Utilities, including an 8 hour surface check and non of them came back w/any error, all passed!
Can anyone shine some light on this?
It is connected directly to my Dell Inspiron N5010 running Widnows 7 Ultimate via USB

Thanks in advance for ANY help or direction!

Skoutariotis

Hi,

Wd Utilities does not do back ups. You need WD backup, either directly or through WD Discovery.
All software is downloaded from WD. Be sure to selct the ones for your My Book.

Cliff

Thanks for the reply…
But it has a backup option, in fact you can schedule a daily/weekly, etc backup!
Besides, I can’t even copy files via OS, I can’t even create a folder on the drive!
Thanks again!

BTW, interesting…
I connected it to my other laptop, running windows 10 and I was able to create a folder and backup my stuff from an external drive to IT.
So, it seems to be the system, perhaps Microsoft settings!
I’m not Microsoft knowledgeable, unfortunately!
But, I’m looking into it, maybe an MS expert will beat me to it!

Have you found a fix for this. I am having the same problem. The My Book drive works fine with Windows 10. Lets me use the backup option or just drag files to the drive. All 3 computers that I have with Wndows 7 will not work. I can see the drive and access the files on it, but cant backup or save anything to the drive.

Hi,

Did you get a solution on this problem? I do have 3 WD external drive with this same problem,
does not write any more on my windows 7 pc, but does works fine on my windows 10 laptop.
I realize this happened after unplugging the drive without using the “Safe Remove Hardware and Eject Media” in windows. I’m not getting any way out with this problem! I have tried the remove read only in command prompt, but no help. Any suggestions please? Thank you!

I’m sorry I have not, had other challenges to deal with, along with life & I was kinda hoping an expert would reply!
Now that you brought it up again, I’ll look into it next week & I’ll post if I find something!
Thanks!