Unable to view thumbnails from pc

Thumbnails show up fine from mobile device but from my pc they do not show as thumbnails All I see is a icon of a camera.  All other things on my pc show up fine, only the mycloud does not. How can I remedy this?

any ideas? 

I read somewhere about a options and view from mybook live but I do not see this option at all in MY Cloud

firmware is up to date .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PetraL wrote:

Thumbnails show up fine from mobile device but from my pc they do not show as thumbnails All I see is a icon of a camera.

From your PC using what?  If you’re using WD My Cloud Desktop app, it’s not going to show photo thumbnails.  If you’re talking about a regular Explorer window, thumbnails will only be shown based on the View you’re using in Explorer, and it’s up to the PC to generate its own thumbnails.

1 Like

sorry am new to this WD cloud, ok then how “again” do I access mycloud from a browser? to view whats in it 

Thank you in advance, I thought the mycloud App was for this purpose as well as for uploading etc

I figured  out I think to access from a browser but

All i get is cant load page error , little frustrating

I like using chrome broswer , could it be it doesnt like chrome? I’ll try again using IE 

PetraL wrote:

sorry am new to this WD cloud, ok then how “again” do I access mycloud from a browser? to view whats in it 

If you’re on your own home network, you just connect to the NAS as an ordinary network share.

I think what I am trying to say is how to I view it remotely, I figured out to use the ip address, but I am still not having any luck

conntecting so far. I can althought view in its folder on my machine that wasnt a issue, comparing this to dropbox, I can view on machine (explorer) AND when i click on the drobox app.  It makes sense to be able to view using the WD App but that isnt possible, seems like that should be adjusted in future updates. So far it seems like to many steps to just be able to view whats inside. So that I understand this WDmycloud correctly the desktop App is ONLY for uploads and cannot view … doesnt even make sense.  thanks for listening  Not happy with this Mycloud so far

I’ll try I need to figure out how first thank you

Does this mean you cannot see the photo thumbnails when you use the mycloud storage for photo storage?

when I use the my cloud app on my pc, yes I do know I can go to folder and see pictures but it seems it should be natural to see thumbnails in the WD cloud app, how else will i know what to delete or move around. I get a camera icon and names of photos only, this might be normal but shouldnt be. I am updating the program rightnwo maybe then I will have a choice of view   hope I made sense to you

sure enough the update fixed this…go figure thanks fior replying tho