Unable to uninstall SmartWare from my PC

Just to add something after re-visiting this post again, I originally contacted the support personnel as well in my attempt to solve the issue, and they were not able to solve the issue.

Their suggestion was:

“I received your case as an escalation but we have no separate uninstaller for SmartWare. Therefore, you must use the Windows System Restore function to return your computer to the point prior to when you had first installed SmartWare. Please see the link below for information on using the Windows System Restore function…”

Needless to say that trying to remove SmartWare by using system restore did not work either. When I tried doing so I got some uncpecified general error, and the restore process failed. I tried both directly from Windows, and also from the Windows boot DVD, and in both cases the result was the same.

In fact prior to this, I had never experienced any errors when using the system restore feature, it is usually very reliable. That SmartWare really dug itself into my computer and refused any attempts at uninstall. Luckily the Ausologic’s SpeedBoost uninstall utility managed to do the trick, or I would still be stuck with this software on my PC.

nanquan

I called and after 2 hours of waiting and working the guy said he couldn’t fix it. I used to love WD and now I will never buy another product from them again. 

1 Like