Unable to stream music from My Cloud Home?

Hi

I recently sent back my My Cloud storage device which worked fine till it broken down after a few months, this was replaced with My Cloud Home.

It’s connected with my Mac and I have added some music on it, yet when I connect with my iPhone or iPad with the My Cloud home app, I cannot stream the music as it tells me its preparing to export the file when I click on a song?? I want to stream from My cloud home to my wireless Sony SRS-X99 speaker through connecting with my iPad app. (this worked fine on the previous model)

Can someone please enlighten me of whats going wrong here? I really would like my money back yet have been told they will not refund! :frowning:

The Home is different in many ways, including the HOME app. I think I read the Home has to use Plex to play media files, incl music. Contact WD Home manual or WD Support for definitive answer.

Hi,

just try to install free app called Evermusic. This app streams your music from WD My Cloud Home to iPhone easily. Nice how to available here:

https://www.everappz.com/post/8-tb-of-music-on-your-iphone-with-evermusic-and-wd-my-cloud-home

Plex isnt working neither on my mac nor ios. I am using Evermusic too.