Unable To Setup Remote Web Access with 2WIRE U-verse Gateway / Linksys E4200v2

Hello!

I just purchased the WD Sentinel DX4000 as my primary home NAS. [I know a bit of overkill]

To make a long story short, I believe I have it working perfectly now for my needs, but I’m unable to get the Remote Web Access piece up and running.

I’ve successfully created a free domain xxxxx.remotewebaccess.com, I have this NAS joined to my workgroup if this matters, but I’m unable to configure the router properly.

From personal research my Linksys E4200v2 is compatible with the UPnP standards in which I’ve enabled and have also manually forwarded the required ports. [HTTPS TCP 443 / HTTP TCP 80]

On the 2WIRE U-verse Gateway [Model - 3800HGV-B] I’ve put it into a DMZplus mode, but this is the portion I’m unsure if I’m setting correctly.

After making these changes I receive the following error within the Dashboard when attempting to repair the Remote Web Access…

UPnP is not enabled on the router

The UPnP setting is turned off on your router or your router does not support the UPnP standard that is required to automatically set up port forwarding on your router.

Remote Web Access to your server is blocked

Some routers may not work properly with your server.  Visit the support Web site for your router manufacturer and ensure that your router has the most recent firmware. [In which it does]

Some Internet service providers [ISP] block TCP ports 80 and 443 to prevent customers from remotely accessing services that are hosted on their networks. For more information, contact your ISP.

I’ve attempted to manually set these on the 2WIRE U-verse gateway, but failed miserably.  It looks like the firewall is also hardset to an old HTPC that I’m no longer using.  I’ve attempted to reset this via the web interface, but haven’t had any luck.

Is there anyone out there that’s had a similar experience that could point me in the right direction?

Any assistance would be much appreciated as I mainly purchased this unit for the Remote Web Access functionality.

Thanks in advance!!

I forgot to enter my Linksys router IP address within the 2WIRE in order to assign the DMZ properly.

Working like a champ now!

Please feel free to close this topic or respond and I’ll help out in any way that I can!

You go Dude !!

I yhonk you need to marh it as answered, since you posted it.  Top right>Options.

Enjoy.

Gramps

Great, thank you!