Unable to safely remove My Passport

Bobby_B…I too went down this Safe Eject issue with a message. Posted my remarks here: My passport won't shut down properly. Help please - #6 by ex672c

• basically I chose the Better Performance instead of the Quick Removal…now I can safely eject without a warning…Be careful, because you still could have an active app running and get in trouble…say like a movie in the background, backup/copy/viewing of files. Make sure you really close any visible app from the screen.
  • see my jul22/23 replies in the above link. What happens if you look at Task Manager utility, there are many WD tasks being active and running in the background that may be why we got the original warning message.
  • the safe eject is definitely the best and safest form of eject…I use it also for flash drives that may not even have Eject available when rt mouse Eject. I ran into a corrupted file once when I forced eject a movie that was minimized and playing…File Explorer went nuts when trying to touch this file…I just don’t touch it any more and still on my PC.
  • a 4TB drive is fat, but don’t get carried away trying to back up all kind of stuff…I’ve seen posters running out of space. I re-iterate my 4mill cache2 files that I was backing up from Mozilla, before I found the folder and deleted off my backup…