Unable to Register/Unregister Parental Controls

I have spent time looking for answers and I am unable to fix my problem.
While in Parental Controls I get “request fail” when I enter information into Register Router. I see no way to unregister, as this was suggested to do in online help.
In the Device Information area there is no Register Device button to click on.
Please help. I really wanted to make the router unavailable at times, and I can find no way to do this…I am pretty sure that I should be able to.

I forgot to mention that I have a My Net N900

Do you know if you have the current and last firmware installed? This is a discontinued product, so if you do not have current FW installed I can tell you how to find it to download from WD. Do you have a N900 or an N900 Central with the enclosed HD?

I looked for a firmware update through the router controls and it said it was up to date.
I have a N900 (no enclosed hard drive).

OK, I located my post here of a few months ago, and it tells you all you need to know about updating the firmware of a N900 and the link of where to download it. My reply is toward the end of thread. Be sure to get the right FW for your model router, since links for both versions are listed in thread. Good luck, the new FW helped the guy I passed this info on to…

I received this response from WD support:

Please note that the My Net N900 has been retired for some time now and it’s no longer manufacture by Western Digital. The Parental Control service/server has been retired and it’s no longer available. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

I have suggested that they put this information in an easy to access place for others.
I hope that they do.

Well, that’s unfortunate. I have no idea to help, either. If you decide to get another router, my main router is an Asus RT-N66U (black) and the white model is RT-N66W. This router is a few years old and has been highly regarded by major reviewers. I have seen both models heavily discounted now lately, so look for prices well under $100 for it today. It has very configurable parental controls. Unlike WD, Asus’ routers are not a one shot deal; they specialize in quality routers.

Meanwhile, you should update the FW of your N900 before you forget to.

Good luck.