Unable to register product and some app don't work

Hi to all you guy

yours experience and professionality sure can help me with more challenges

1. I can’t register product, system don’t recognize serial number )

2. I’m not able to check for firmware upgrade, a message appare and says: is not possible verify for newest firmware upgrade. check network connection and try again.
    Network connection work correctly, weather and streaming radio are available a lot of apps like youtube don’t work, when you lunch it appare a black screen e no more action allowed, only restart machine.

TKS very much for help me

The WDTV Live Streaming is Discontinued Product, which is no longer sold or supported by Western Digital. So …

1. You won’t be able to register it

2. Firmware Update server is no longer online. (but you can manually download and install the last version which was released in 2016: Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support)

3. Online apps such as Youtube, Radio Streaming, Weather etc. many 3rd party apps discontinued support for the WDTV years ago (from the last firmware release notes… ABC iView, DailyMotion, Funspot, Flixster, Hulu Japan, Live365, MediaMarkt, RedBull, Saturn, YouTube Videos App have all been removed/discontinued. There will be more that are no longer supported since the last 4 years) and whatever apps that are still working will eventually cease to work as time goes on.

The WDTV Live Streaming is a 9 Year old device (released in 2011) … if you were sold or under the impression that it was a new device that is still currently supported, you’re sadly mistaken.