Unable to register my WD products

Hi,

For several weeks i’m trying to register several products from WD.

I can login to the registration site.

When i select “Product Registration” a new screen is appearing with “Register New products”

I can enter one or more WD s/n’s, no problem.

After that it says “processing”

Then the s/n’s are gone and do not appear in the list.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Just called bij WD, Entered mij s/n’s via the representative bij Phone.

Great Service…

Thank you.

hi

im having same problem trying register  product is it because of christmas?

Are you still having that issue? 

After registering my products by phone via a WD representative i did some extra testing to see if there was a problem with the pc’s i am using.

To make a long story short, none of the pc’s with explorer (with or without java/flash etc) did do the job, on a laptop i installed Google Chrome and i could register new products.

Hope this will help,

Regards

same problem !!!

I would like to solve this matter online rather than call …

Please  help …

We did have some issues, but they were resolved.  Are you still having this issue?

I am still having this problem.

Product Registration appears to accept the new product information.

Attempting a “Support Case” shows no product registered.

Attempting to prepare an RMA gives thee error, “Please Register a product before Creating an RMA.”

I assume this has persisted for weeks as an issue in order to throttle the on-line RMA volume.

Would appreciate a workaround.

I’ve passed you along to support and someone will contact you to help you out.  We’ll need more info to figure out what might be happening.

Same problem here. I have two recent purchases to register. I enter the sn or sns, it says processing then returns a ‘blank’ screen. The devices do not show up in my registered products list. I am using IE 11.

Doesn’t work today either. Still trying to register 2 Red drives, no luck.

hoganth wrote:

Doesn’t work today either. Still trying to register 2 Red drives, no luck.

We had some maintenance going on over the weekend.  Please try again.  If you still can’t register, private message me and I’ll get you some help.

As of this date February 27, 2014 I cannot register 2 hard drives using Internet Explorer 11  Ver.11.0.9600.16518

However Chrome works fine…

Everybody TRY CHROME until WD figures it out.

Dave

I also encounter the same problem. I can’t register a recently bought WD40EZRX. I was able to register a Wd My passport ultra, simply because thre was alink to upgrade Smartware to pro version. Otherwise that would also be impossible. Could someone please send me a link to my mail address in order to be able to register my products? Whom am I supposed to contact?

pettakos wrote:

I also encounter the same problem. I can’t register a recently bought WD40EZRX. I was able to register a Wd My passport ultra, simply because thre was alink to upgrade Smartware to pro version. Otherwise that would also be impossible. Could someone please send me a link to my mail address in order to be able to register my products? Whom am I supposed to contact?

Hi pettakos, follow the steps from the link below, if you are still unable to register your product, you can contact support directly and they can register it for you.

How to register a WD product

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/140

Service & Support

http://support.wd.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Registration still dosent work and this topic is months old.

Has to be a scheme to slow down the RMA process.

Jeff9329 wrote:

That’s not the case.  Someone should be in touch with you soon to help you out.

Bill_S wrote:

Jeff9329 wrote:

That’s not the case.  Someone should be in touch with you soon to help you out.

Bill:

You are right, Luis contacted me by phone and straightened out my registration.

That was some excellent customer service.

Thanks WD & Luis.

Jeff

I’m glad it got taken care of.