Unable to Register HomeCloud

After several hours on the phone with tech support, still unable to register MyCloud Home. Original issue on Win 7 PC. The issue is when I go to ‘search’ for the device and enter the “PIN” # on the bottom of the drive, the device is still not located.

After hours of unsuccessful assistance, the call was terminate for me to some more troubleshooting on my end. So I attempted to register the device from my Android phone - same problem, the device is not found.

Interestingly and strangely, my Ubuntu PC sees the device and I am able to transfer files between the WD device and the Ubuntu PC. As well, the home router is able to see the WD connected.

The results of the attempt to register with an Android device have not yet been discussed with tech support.

Any clues as to a possible solution or explanation?

Thank yu in advance

Interestingly and strangely, my Ubuntu PC sees the device and I am able to transfer files between the WD device and the Ubuntu PC. As well, the home router is able to see the WD connected.

This means the OS is running because Ubuntu could only access the Samba //MYCLOUD-12345/Public Share.
It’s possible there’s a Computer or Router Firewall, Malware, End Point or Internet Security software not allowing packets from the MyCloud.com servers? Please check these items.

Thanks for the input and suggestions. After troubleshooting for over 12 hours and experiencing the same issue when trying to register from an Android machine - have put it in the box for return.

Funny thing, I configured another WD Myhome on the same PC, no issues at all. No changes made sense.

Again, thanks for the response and suggestions.