Unable to play Netflix on WDTV Live

Netflix app is showing error aip-701 EVERY time app loads with any selected title.  The connection to Netflix is working, but the app is useless in its current state.  Troubleshooting completed: deactivation / re-activation using the arrow keys, power-cycling, etc…  Firmare version 1.12.14.  Hardware: WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.  Other devices, including roku and Sony BDP work with the Netflix app fine.

Netflix uses Amazon Web Services to handle some things. There was a major issue and it was not working properly Christmas Eve into Christmas day.

After my initial post regarding Netflix app errors (“aip-701”) occurring with my WDTV Live SMP when trying to play any titles (I was using firmware version 1.12.14), I received a prompt suggestion from Harley at WD Service and Support to…

… roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player like this:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/session /L3RpbWUvMTM0OTEwNTM3MS9zaWQvWmlOVFREN2w%3D  

I performed that roll back to firmware version 1.11.14.  I tested the Netflix app after the roll back “reboot” on 2 different titles (one was HD).  Both titles now played…  Nice!