Unable to open photos synced to drive

Nearly all photos saved on the drive are now inaccessible. The files, names, space used, date created, etc. are all visible. But when trying to open them through Windows Explorer the photos app opens with a message such as “100_0853.jpg Sorry, Photos can’t open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted”, and when trying to download the file through the web interface I receive the following message: {“key”:“contentNotFound”,“message”:“Not Found”}. These photos were synced to the device via the WD Backup software tools. The My Cloud Home is running software 7.15.1-101 and is connected on the local network.

Hi @wierik,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi Wierik,

I have the exact same issue, have you been able to solve this?

KR, Ron

Yes and no. Contacted WD support, but that didn’t go anywhere because the device was out of warranty. Was able to pull the actual hard drive out of the My Cloud housing and install it inside a desktop computer, just to find the drive was either formatted very oddly and/or corrupted to the point that Windows didn’t recognize the partitions at all. I had to run a recovery program that captured a fair amount of data off the drive, but not everything.