Unable to obtain an IP address on Verizon FIOS Router (Actiontec)

First, I know the box works properly because it automatically connects on my Linksys WRVS4400N.

I just got my HUB yesterday, and I am having problems getting this to auto setup on Verizon FIOS. I have Verizon’s Actiontec router/modem. I was able to connect when I manually input settings, but DHCP does not seem to work. Since I will be moving this between 2 different locations I’d like to be able to have this auto connect at each location.

Is there a known problem with Verizon’s Actiontec router/modem?

Nope… I have FiOS 40/40 with the Actiontec 424 and it has no problems giving the hub DHCP addresses…

Did you try the WD Discovery Software?

When you open my computer what do you see?

What version of windows are you running?

The WD Discovery software only works after I manually setup the network info. For some reason I can’t get it to automatically get an IP.

I am running WinXP.

I just converted to FiOS and am having the same problem. I am using  a wireless access point connected to the Actiontec since I want to have a wireless-N connection. On the WDT end I also have a Blu-ray player connected to my wireless bridge. It has no trouble getting an IP address. The WDT is unable to obtain one. All Tech Support would do is tell me that Actiontec is not on the list of supported routers. I submitted a request that WD test the Actiontec router.