Unable to map WD Cloud & WD Live Book

My network is running Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP. Norton Security is my firewall & anti-virus software. I can only map either drive (cloud & Live Book) from my XP machine. ONLY my XP machine. I have turned off Norton and still unable to map or locate either drive from the Windows 8,7 and Vista machines. I loaded WD Discovery and the 8,7 & vista machine only to have the “map drive” feature greyed out.

When mapping from Windows 8, 7, & Vista & Smartware the software ask " to enter login credential to connect

Username & password.

Why can I only map either drive from my XP machine. I tried manually mapping using the IP (\10.0.1.5\public). Did not work??

I will take any help…

Hello, what happens when you ping the unit from the other computers? Try to open a command prompt on the computer and type “ping [device name]” see if you get a response from the other units from those computers.

I can ping both My Cloud and My Live Book from all the computers with no problems.

ancel wrote:

Why can I only map either drive from my XP machine. I tried manually mapping using the IP (\10.0.1.5\public). Did not work??

Ok, so what happened?

I was unable to map to the drive either by using Smartware or manually. I am ask for credentials and password. My Windows XP machine just map directly with no problems. I cannot map with the Windows 8,7 or Vista machine. As I mentioned before I can ping the drive from all the machines.

Ok, and what happens after you provide credentials??

Nothing happens, the credentials I inputted did not work and it keep on asking for credential. In order for me to better explain, type credential in the search area and read the first message…message # 08-23-2013 06:44pm. The screen shot show what I get when I typr to may a drive. It will not accept any user name or password at all.