Unable to map My Cloud

I ran into a problem where I could not map he My Cloud on windows 10. The drive was mounted. When a power glitch caused the My Cloud to reboot. After the reboot I could not map the MC. After looking into the problem. I discovered that the load_module was not called the second time. It it had been called the second time it would have started samba. It would have also create a filename load_module_finished which it didn’t. The /etc/samba/smb.conf file is also recreated when the second load_module is called. I also discovered that if I booted with a USB stick connected that this problem occurred. When I removed the USB and rebooted the problem disappeared. Not sure why this is happening. I’ve rebooted the system many times with the USB connected and didn’t see this problem. But during those reboots I was testing the ability to chroot to a USB drive. This testing required that I stop samba and restart it. This USB also has the fun_plug and mfg_WDMyCloud file.
I posted this problem previously but can’t find my original post.

PS. I’ve been able to verify that the problem only happens with the USB containing the mfg_WDMyCloud file. Not sure why.

Hi rac8006,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.