Unable to login to My Cloud Dashboard

For anyone still having problems reseting the dashboard password for the EX4 I found a way that worked for me. I created a passoword through the dashboard and then also tried to create a username which threw up an error saying it couldn’t connect or something like that. Ever since that I was not able to log in to the dashboard through the admin username or the one I tried to create. I then, to try and do a factory reset, unplugged the device and then held down the reset button while pluggin in the unit and held it down for another 40 seconds. I also did the 4 second reset with the unit on and had no success when trying to log back in to the dashboard. It would keep throwing up the wrong username and password error. I tried those methods a few times then decided to try this one.

I shut the unit down by holding the power buttong for a few seconds. Once it was shut down I waited a couple minutes(probably doesnt matter how long you wait). I then, while holding down the reset button on the back of the unit, pressed the power button on the front of the EX4. I continued to hold down the reset button for the next 40 seconds. I then sat and watched the front of the unit. It booted up regularly to begin with but after a few minutes went into a rebooting process. Once it finished that I was able to go back in to the dashboard with just the admin username and no password. I am not sure if this will work for anyone else but hope it helps.

1 Like