Unable to join worldbook to active directory

Hi sd

My NAS is a MBWE not MBWE II but I think it’s the same issue and same firmware.  You need to upgrade to the latest version of the firmware MBWE is version 1.02.04.  You may need to do this manually as the firmware has been removed from the WD auto-update site.  Check out this link http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=117&sid=116&lang=en

Then follow use the FQDN as the domain name and make sure your NAS time is in sync with the AD.  I set my DC as the timesource for my NAS. 

I’d be interested to know if you experience the same ‘pipe’ issue as me once your NAS is part of your SBS domain.

Ben

My firmware is uptodate but the problem persist,i tried all tries in all posted but still error message appear

After you change the NTP Time Server to your DNS server, it will connect.

If that still doesn’t work,

1. Open DNS Manager

2. Select down into Forward Lookup Zones then your domain

3. Add a New Host (A) entry with your WD host name and IP address

4. Confirm from CMD prompt that you can NSLOOKUP WDHostName.domain

5. If you can then, make sure that the NTP setting is pointing to your Domain Controller

6. Retry with joining

I had the same issues, until I followed these steps.

please let me know, if any person that already success to joining Active Directory Domain Services Windows Server 2008, until today I can’t joining My Book World Edition II to my AD server…

I called the support desk and they informed me that they do not support this feature on their product. My questions was simple, why have this as an available option if you’re not going to support it. After speaking firmly to level 1 support I basically said xfer me to level 2. After speaking w Level 2 they basically brushed me off, saying the same interface on the my world book and their share space is the same, and that this product was never meant to be able to join a domain.

My response: LAME 

Splendid!!!

Worked straight away after following the instructions from Bughie.

Thanks Lot. All is singing and dancing now. Very pleased with the drive so far.

Regards

IT-LOGIX LTD

Hi all, i had a similar issue useing the Mybook world. All i did was to upgrade the firmware and it worked. I just did it and it worked for me. Lets know if it works for you.!