Unable to install WD SSD Dashboard

When this happens and the uninstaller hangs. Run revo uninstaller and remove left overs. Reboot computer and install latest version

Letting the Dashboard v. 2.4 update to 2.5, the downloaded WesternDigitalSSDDashboardInstaller.exe, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital, throws an error uninstalling 2.4. The SSD Dashboard folder is empty, and Apps in win10 settings lists 2.4 but can’t find it to remove. Running Regedit, backing up [exporting] & then deleting the following 2 keys allowed WesternDigitalSSDDashboardInstaller.exe to run properly & install v. 2.5

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Western Digital SSD Dashboard]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Western Digital\SSD Dashboard]

1 Like

Yes absolutely. I had WD Dashboard v 2.4.0 installed, when I looked at it today May 8th there was a notification that a new version 2.5.0 was available “click here to install it”. I clicked on the link and a window says there is an uninstaller that will remove v 2.4.0 then install version 2.5.0 however it gets about 20% done then stalls. Now I can’t uninstall v 2.4.0 through Windows 10 settings>apps nor can I delete the Western Digital folder from my C drive as someone else suggested. WD needs to fix their software IT IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. Then tell us how to get rid of the old v 2.4.0 and install the new v 2.5.0. Sooner rather than later, please!!

1 Like

Just figured out how to get it 2.5.0.0 running on my pc!!!
Before installing
Right click on installer > Properties > Compatibility (tab)
Click “Run compatibility troubleshooter” and follow instructions.
or
change “Compatibility mode” to “WIndows 8” > click “OK”
then run installer.

Continuing the discussion from Unable to install WD SSD Dashboard:

Hy guys,
mikiem’s method works properly if you must to install 2.5.0.0 version
try it :smile:

Go to the folder and right click it and run as admin. This worked for me after trying for an hour.

there is an uninstall file in the directory for the dashboard - has some 00 numbers in it
I had the same issue as you - i used this application in the directory and it removed it
with no issues

I would say definitely buggy software, really bad programming. Hey, WD guys, replace your bad skilled programmers. Half an hour and still computer is bady fighting to install this bloody software. I doubt it will be succesful. ■■■■ it, I regret buying a WD SSD.

1 Like

Windows 7 here, just got a WD Blue WDS100T2B0A.

The ONLY version of the software I could install was the Full version of 2.4.0.0 (Not the “webstub”, none of which work). It installed v2.4.0.0,

Tried updating through the app, FAILED. Tried installing 2.5.1.0, FAILED. 2.6.0.0 - FAILS. All versions save for 2.4.0.0 can be installed, all other versions FAIL to install.

Go to the folder and right click it and run as admin. This worked for me after trying for an hour.> Blockquote

Nope, FAILED. Im not trying to RUN it, I’m trying to INSTALL it. it FAILS.

I did what ‘Mikiem’ has written regarding uninstalling and removing appropriate registry keys. Then, attempted to install the dashboard software; the installation still stalled. I went to the programs folder- Western Digital- SSD. The problem is that the WD software fails to extract the installation files into the folder. I solved my problem by clicking the download file to extract the contents. Once I did that, the installation resumed, the dashboard installed, and is working just fine as of today 29Mar2020.

To uninstall the old version right click the installer for the new version , and ‘Run As Administrator’.
When it prompts to uninstall, click it. It will correctly uninstall.(did for me)
You can now install the new version by running the new version installer again, but do not use ‘Run As Administrator’ this time. It should install fine. (did for me)

Success! I’ve made several attempts using the standard installer; all failed. I had to download the standalone installer located here: Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support

And it worked! :smiley:

If the standard installer is giving you trouble, it’s probably because it’s currently having trouble connecting to WD’s servers to download the manifest. You might try turning off your Anti-Virus and Firewall protections, but if all else fails:

1. Go to https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en#WD_softwarepc and look for Dashboard
  2. Under “Additional Support” click the Standalone Installer link, not the DOWNLOAD button

I’m not linking directly to the file for security reasons; NEVER click on suspicious links. The filesize will be bigger because you’re getting the whole package.

Run it as administrator and it worked for me using the stand alone installer.