Unable to install WD SSD Dashboard

When this happens and the uninstaller hangs. Run revo uninstaller and remove left overs. Reboot computer and install latest version

Letting the Dashboard v. 2.4 update to 2.5, the downloaded WesternDigitalSSDDashboardInstaller.exe, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital, throws an error uninstalling 2.4. The SSD Dashboard folder is empty, and Apps in win10 settings lists 2.4 but can’t find it to remove. Running Regedit, backing up [exporting] & then deleting the following 2 keys allowed WesternDigitalSSDDashboardInstaller.exe to run properly & install v. 2.5…

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Western Digital SSD Dashboard]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Western Digital\SSD Dashboard]

1 Like

Yes absolutely. I had WD Dashboard v 2.4.0 installed, when I looked at it today May 8th there was a notification that a new version 2.5.0 was available “click here to install it”. I clicked on the link and a window says there is an uninstaller that will remove v 2.4.0 then install version 2.5.0 however it gets about 20% done then stalls. Now I can’t uninstall v 2.4.0 through Windows 10 settings>apps nor can I delete the Western Digital folder from my C drive as someone else suggested. WD needs to fix their software IT IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. Then tell us how to get rid of the old v 2.4.0 and install the new v 2.5.0. Sooner rather than later, please!!

Just figured out how to get it 2.5.0.0 running on my pc!!!
Before installing
Right click on installer > Properties > Compatibility (tab)
Click “Run compatibility troubleshooter” and follow instructions.
or
change “Compatibility mode” to “WIndows 8” > click “OK”
then run installer.

Continuing the discussion from Unable to install WD SSD Dashboard:

Hy guys,
mikiem’s method works properly if you must to install 2.5.0.0 version
try it :smile: