Unable to Install WD Blue 250GB SSD M.2 2280 - HP Pro Desk 600G3

I have a new HP Pro Desk 600 G3 Computer. It has a M.2 2280 connector on the MB. The HP manual clearly states that it is compatible with M.2 2280 SSD drives and shows a picture of how to install the drive. However when I install the WD M.2 250GB SSD the HP fails to recognize the drive either in the BIOS or in the OS which is Windows 10 64-bit.

Has anyone else had this problem? I figured this would be straight forward as the new HP and the WD drive both have the exact same specifications and matching connector. I’m pretty bummed now as this does not work as I thought it would.

I’d add that the WD SSD diagnostics program does not recognize the drive as even being attached. It is as if the drive does not exist even though it is clearly physically installed properly. Please help!!!

HP Manual “NOTE: The computer supports 2230 and 2280 M.2 SSD cards. To install an M.2 SSD card, slide the pins on the card into the system board connector while holding the card at approximately a 30° angle (1). Press the other end of the card down (2), and then secure the card with the screw (3).”

Hello,

Is it possible to test the drive on another computer? Take a look at this link. Hope it helps

No I do not have another computer with an M.2 2280 connector. Could I need the need the black version?