Unable to get movie meta data on network drive

ok, for the first time… I am now seeing under Setup… Network Source Mgmt   The Drive on my PC through the network.

I clicked ok, and it does say READY.

Ok… then I go back to my Videos section, or FILES section, and it says the source has been disconnected.

I go BACK to network source Mgmt… and the drive/directory is gone again… like it is LOSING it’s connection to the drive through the network somehow.

ok, this has GOT to be the issue… I see the directory in my network source management media library.

I click out of it… and it is gone

I go into video… I select source again, it asks for username or password again (YES, i selected remember me) I add back to media library… the folder reappears…   and then… gone again when i click out of it.

TheGlenOfDoom wrote:

the only option is my PC Name.  

I click that and it shows the folders being shared and my movie folder.

OK, so you see the list of your available shares, but it’s still not clear from your description of what you’re doing that you’re actually ADDING A FOLDER to your media library at that point?   From your description above, it sounds like you’re just stopping at the point of it listing your shares on your PC.

In other words, you pick a share, press OK.    It will now list all of the folders within that share, and at the top of the list, you should then select the “Select from Here” option (or whatever it says) , and go to the green checkmark and press OK?

ok, so I click on Windows Media Shares.

It then pulls up my PC Name.  I select and click ok.

It then asks me to log into (pc name) with username and password (I do, and click remember me)

it says select a folder to add to media library

I do

I click “SELECT HERE” for the folder and hit the green checkmark OK

I get THE FOLDER WAS ADDED TO YOUR MEDIA LIBRARY SUCCESSFULLY

I click OK and I now see the shared folder under where it says ADD NETWORK SHARE TO MEDIA LIBRARY and SET AUTO SCAN UPDATE

if I select that folder, and click ok, I get network share info… that shoes the name, path, last scanned time, and media library status READY

if I click back and then click Media library manager for network share again, it is still there.

now from the main home menu I go to VIDEOS (currently showing 651 new items)

all of a sudden I get Unable to connect to the selected source, please make sure the selected source is active and available for sharing.  I click the green checkmark

I go BACK to Setup and network source management and the folder that was shared is GONE.

if I go back to videos, and choose a different source, I use the username and password again, I can see all the movies there, but I am back to my original problem

That’s just bizarre… Particularly the part about you clicking “remember me”… I don’t have the ability to click that (or rather, unclick it) it’s a permanent selection… It MUST remember the credentials, of course.

What version of firmware do you have?

The newest version, I did a check last night, and I was up to date.  2.01.86

Ok, so I went back, and NOW the check box is greyed out.

it is NOT when I am in videos, or FILES, and it is asking me for my username and password again.

but now in that section it is greyed out.

So the fact that it keeps vanishing once I leave that menu is odd.

TheGlenOfDoom wrote:

The newest version, I did a check last night, and I was up to date.  2.01.86

Ok, first thing, this thread is in the wrong forum.   2.01.86 is for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.  

This forum is for the newer WD TV.  A moderator will probably move it.

TheGlenOfDoom wrote:

Ok, so I went back, and NOW the check box is greyed out.

Given the bizarre behavior of your box (doing different things at different times), my only suggestion at this point is to do a complete factory restore

(Setup / System / System Reset / Reset All…)

… and start from scratch.

If that doesn’t correct the issue, then I’ve got no further ideas what the problem is.