Unable to Connect to Drive with MyCloud Win 8 App

I just purchased a 2TB MPWP. I also have a My Book Live drive that we have accessed with My Cloud. I have successfully connected the MPWP using WiFi to our router. Using the iOS app, I can access both of the My Book Live and the MPWP. The problem seems to be with the Win 8 My Cloud app. It can access the My Book Live, which it has done previously, however it can’t seem to find the MPWP on our network. I can access the MPWP when I connect the computer’s WiFi directly to the MPWP, but not when connecting it through the router. It doesn’t seem to be a network issue as the iOS app has no problems accessing the MPWP. Any ideas what might be going on?

I should add, I can successfully connect to the My Book Live through the MPWP. WHen I am connected to the WiFi on the MPWP, I can connect to the My Book Live via My Cloud on the Windows PC. This seems rather odd…

Some more info. I was able to use the Dashboard to save a shortcut to my computer and now I can see the MPWP on my network, but still not in My Cloud. Not being able to see in My Cloud is not a big issue now as I can just map the network drive to a drive letter.

Hi dioxide45,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support if you are having trouble with the form.