Unable to access folders and files

I hope someone can help me…

I have a My Passport Essential that I used to back up all kinds of pictures and documents. Now, when I try to access those documents, I input my password, but it refuses to allow me to access anything. It keeps saying I do not have permission to access the folder or file. I was the one who created the files, and I am the one who backed them up!!! Why is it now keeping me from accessing???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

yes me to, I wil amke sure to folow through and let u know what i have found out, but iit looks as though all is corrupted, thank god I back things up to death, but not all and not on 1 drive so it will ake quite an effort for me to rettrieve the lost info!

I think, maybe, that becaus I take the passport back AND FORTH TO WORK THAT RECONECTING THE USB CABLE SO MANY TIMES HAS NOT BEEN GOOD! I DID TAKE IT TO MY COMPUTER GUY THOUGH AND HE DID SAY IT IS BEING RECONIZED, IT IS JUST NOT OPENING UP- coruption IS THE WORD HE USED, BUT HE ONLY THINKS THAT!

HE IS REAL GOOD WITH COMPUTERS TOO… SO NEXT STEP IS WHAT>? ONE A THOSE RECOVER-ING INFO FROM HARD DRIVE TYPE PLACES…? T WIL BE A FORTUNE HE STILL DOES NOT FEEL THAT WILL HELP! BECAUSE OF I HAVEING A PASSWORD, IT IS INCREPTED… SO THIS IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM!

SORRY TO BABBLE TO YOU BUT I AM VERY FRUSRATED AND HAVE GOTTEN NO WHJERE FAST!

iF YOU FIND A SOLUTION PLEASE LET ME NO AND i WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU!

tHANKS, Jim Mason