Unable to access files on MyCloud EX2 via Local Network through File Manager

Having a number of problems which are probably linked. Of particular concern with the impending withdrawal of support, I cannot see the files in MyCloudEX2 on my home network. In the network area of File Manager, the icon shows under “storage” but when I click on it I go to the login screen for the EX2 which enables me to set users, etc but not actually see my files. This happens with both my Windows 10 and 11 laptops.

I have re-downloaded the set up apps and the WD MyCloud EX2 Public Share icon gives me a message of “The specified server cannot perform the requested operation” with the \IP address\Public link.

In the media area of the File Manger it gives me Twonky!

Network is all linked through ethernet and all diagnostics let me know the EX2 can be seen.

Have enabled access through Norton Firewall so that is niot the reason (plus can see the EX2). Am struggling to find solutions.

Hi @Togs_Taxi,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Make sure SMB1 is turned on in windows features. It’s turned off by default in Windows 10 and 11 and is necessary to view the files on the My Cloud.

Thanks stn77a just checked and SMB1 is turned on

Right click on the icon in the “storage” area. Select “Open” if that is an option. If that takes you to the dashboard, instead of the files, try mapping the drive:

\\wdmycloudEX2\public