Unable to access device (1003) when downloading ANY file viewing

Greetings,

Well, I’m considering dumping My Cloud for a Synology device.  I can view any file on my device via the Android app.  However, when I try to download ANY file, it fails and then I can’t even view it after that.  I have seen other posts with the same issue and there is no solution posted.

I am trying to download on an Android based phone (Moto X) and a Galaxy Tab S 10.5.  Both are running Kit Kat and I haven’t done anything special to them (i.e., they haven’t been rooted).  This cloud solution is useless as I can’t download anything.  How is this being able to access anywhere on any device?!

Too bad I didn’t try this out sooner before my vacation next week.  WD doesn’t have my business if they can’t provide a solution.  I’m also running into performance issues with the latest firmware update but I’ll respond to a different post for that.

Well, it must be an Android issue. I can view the files fine on an iPad mini but it still says I can’t access the device on my Android tablet. Pretty buggy if you ask me. There’s no download option in the iOS app so I don’the know if that would work. However it seems when I try to open the file after trying to download, Android says it can’t access the device.

Hello,

Have you tried changing the destination folder when you try to download the file?

I believe the faut is with the WD app, I have 3 android devices.  2 running Icecream and these run fine.  The device running KitKat is the problem.  Can stream and view but not download.  WD need to update the app probably.