Twonky Server

I’m noticing many duplicate files when I enter my Twonky Server. Is there a way to delete these files (photos, videos)?

Thanks! :smiley:

At risk of stating the obvious, if you have duplicates, are you sure you don’t have Twonky scanning a backup - e.g. Safepoint?

No safepoints…

have you cleared the cache and rescanned Via  http://192.168.1.XXX:9000/#status

Are you using Smartware to backup your content to the NAS? The Smartware content on the NAS could be scanned by Twonky…

How do I clear the cache?

What type of Smartware are you referring to?

Etupes wrote:

Are you using Smartware to backup your content to the NAS? The Smartware content on the NAS could be scanned by Twonky…

To clear the cache, add :9000 at the end of the IP address of your NAS UI in your browser. This will get you to the Twonky settings. YOu will see how to clear the cache there.

If you use some backup software that create copies of your content on the NAS or on an attached USB drive, it is possible that Twonky sees all these copies and therefore duplicate the content in the DLNA library.

For example if you use some sync software between your PC and the NAS and at the same time have copied your content to some share on the NAS, you could have several copies of your content.

When I click on Clear Cache in the Twonky settings it doesn’t do anything?> Etupes wrote:

To clear the cache, add :9000 at the end of the IP address of your NAS UI in your browser. This will get you to the Twonky settings. YOu will see how to clear the cache there.

If you use some backup software that create copies of your content on the NAS or on an attached USB drive, it is possible that Twonky sees all these copies and therefore duplicate the content in the DLNA library.

For example if you use some sync software between your PC and the NAS and at the same time have copied your content to some share on the NAS, you could have several copies of your content.

You can choose to rebuild the database also.

Chose to rebuild the database, that solved the duplicate files!

Thanks Etupes! :smiley:

Etupes wrote:

You can choose to rebuild the database also.