Twonky Server Wireless Recognition

Good Morning,

I am having trouble with the Twonky Media Server on my 2TB MBL.  I have an Xbox and PS3 that I want to stream to wirelessly, but I cannot get either of them to recognize the Twonky server.  They do recognize other media servers, i.e. when I run Twonky Mobile off of my phone they both connect fine, but I need them to connect to the MBL.  I have the MBL connected to a Verizon Fios Actiontec Router (wireless password is WPA2) which is working fine, and I can access the Twonky server from a wired connection on a different Xbox and my WD Live TV.

I can get to the Twonky server’s config page mybookliveip:9000/config wirelessly on a laptop so it seems it should be seen by my wireless XBOX and PS3.

I have powercycled everything, restared the server, and even reset my router back to factory defaults with no luck. I guess the question I have is if the Twonky Media Server on the MBL is meant to be picked up by only other wired devices on the network, or should it be discoverable from a wireless connection as well. 

TL;DR Wireless connection from Twonky Media Server to Xbox/PS3

Thank you for your time

Try this

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6605/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NzU1MTI1Mi9zaWQveV82NjE5Nmw%3D

It could depend on the app being used; I don’t see the MBL with the “Files” or “Total Commander” or other file managers that I’ve tried on my Acer A700 Tablet.

Only had the tablet for a short while so decided to check out the music playing & added some music files to the tablet.  Then selected the “Music” app to play them & saw the MBL listed as well as the external sd card as places to play the music files.  Selected the MBL even if I forgot that it only had “flac” for audio files, the music played.

Was surprised that the tablet had dlna capabilities; don’t know if I will be able to see any docs but it may be fun trying; still impressed about its flac abilities via wireless connection to the MBL thru a switch to the router.

I don’t think the problem is with the receivers, As they can see the wirelessly initiated twonky mobile server, just not the wired connection of the Twonky Media server on my MBL.  Could it be something in the router itselft that needs to be changed?

jjkeegan86 wrote:

I don’t think the problem is with the receivers, As they can see the wirelessly initiated twonky mobile server, just not the wired connection of the Twonky Media server on my MBL.  Could it be something in the router itselft that needs to be changed?

If it’s a wired problem, then it could be the router; you didn’t name the router that I recall.

I have the Netgear wndr3700, 1st version, & had (still) a problem with my AVR where either it doesn’t see MBL or MBL doesn’t see the AVR; but will only after a disconnect & reconnect of the MBL cable.  Both units were connected to the router; actually the AVR is connected to a switch in another room.

The problem was solved by accident by connecting the AVR’s switch to another switch instead of the router; then connected the MBL to the same switch by the router.  Now, the AVR sees/connects to the MBL every time!

No idea why, but just guess that the connection via the router could make the connection go thru the router firewall checks & messes things up; BUT my dvd player in the same room as the AVR never had any connection problems!  It was extremely frustrating, especially both the AVR & player were made by the same company.