Twonky Server hanging after latest Firmware update

Since my EX2 Ultra automatically installed the My Cloud Firmware 2.31.195 update over the weekend, I can’t see a proper list of Movie files on any media player connected to it, and when I try to force a DLNA Server Rescan or Rebuild of the files DB on my 2 attached USB drives, it hangs.
Also, can’t see the Twonky server web interface on Port 9000, says ‘Access denied’, so I think that’s hung/died too.

Restarting the device, shutdown & startup haven’t fixed it either.

Was working fine up until the Firmware update!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue since the last update.

Thanks for your reply, at least now I know it’s not just my device.

I wonder how long before WD fix the issue with another Firmware update?

I’ve fixed the DLNA/Twonky media server problem on my NAS.

Even though everything looked okay with the WD System & Drive_1 diagnostics, out of desperation, I reformatted the (only) internal drive in my NAS and let it recreate the JBOD RAID Volume_1, etc.
All my media files are stored on 2 external USB3 attached drives, so the reformat wasn’t a big deal as I don’t store anything on the internal drive.

After a restart of the NAS, now everything seems okay, all my media files are scanned & available in directory listings again, and Twonky server is up (not hung) and indexed everything and all DLNA/UPnP shares are available to Media players on my network.