Twonky Server gone

I somehow managed to remove the Twonky DLNA server from my Apps on my PR2100, and I don’t see it in the last of available apps in the App Store. Is there a way that I can get it back?

Thanks,
Murray

@mdbirkett
You are in the wrong sub-forum for your PR2100. Do you have OS3 or OS5?

OS5 (5.11.112 to be exact)

@mdbirkett

No. As stated below, you are in the wrong place, but it won’t matter. Twonky is gone – out of business and “deprecated” even though it worked well and I miss it dearly on my EX2 and EX4100 NASes. I’m looking for something and I’ve gotten Plex – it works, but I don’t like it. Twonky was good for me because it allowed me to use the Windows directory structure to find stored movie files.

Even if you find a way to revert to OS3, it won’t last because WD is going to force OS5 on you – I’ve read others here who experienced that.

In fairness to WD, Twonky “died” in 2017 and they’ve given us four years, but I guess it’s like the good software I loved to use with Windows XP that no longer works with W-10. :sneezing_face:

If you find something you like as much as Twonky, please let us know!!

After I said you can’t, I found out you CAN – but be careful.

I don’t own a My Cloud Home, I have a 2nd generation WD MY CLOUD, OS5, and it does have Twonky! See image below. If needed, click on, tap, or activate image to enlarge it.

Posting in the correct sub-forum should help in getting answers from other users of the same type devices that know more about it.

Twonky Downloads | Twonky

Image for my WD MY CLOUD Apps.