Twonky movie cover art duplicated

I wonder if you gents could help me please. Twonky has many duplicates for movie cover art. Each movie’s cover art is unique and entered with program Subler. About 30% of movies will have the SAME cover art. For example CARS will be in 1/3 of my movies and the rest is OK. If I rebuild media database, the percentage changes a little, and the movies cover art shuffles a little. I verify cover art with Twonky browser: http://wdmycloud.local:9000

WDMyCloud v03.03.02-165 (I choose to wait a month before upgrading to latest)

Twonky Version: 7.2.6-2E

Thank you.

Do you have each of your movie in a separate folder?  How are your movies encoded?

I have some similar experience with Twonky.

Check the sizes of these movies.   Are any of them larger than 2GB?   

The program I used to add cover metadata didn’t work for movies larger than 2GB so I had to upgrade version.

Thanks for responses. The movies are encoded as h264 inside an m4v container. Some of the movies exceed 4gb but many are below 2gb and they all exhibit duplicated cover art. The program I used to add metadata is well known and should handle large files.

The movies are all in the same folder “movies”. The only thing I separate by folder are TV shows. I hope I don’t have to place each movie in a folder with a JPEG cover art alongside. Seems too much work.

Hi,

I had the same problem. For about 30-50% of the video files in the DLNA player always flowers covers were displayed.

Then I had viewed the overview of videos as an album in the Twonky server (http://mycloud:9000). After some time (maybe it takes some more time) the Twonky server had find the images for all the videos and entered in the database. Then, the images were also available for the DLNA player.

I don’t know why - i don’t know how … but now i have just one image for one Video.

Lucky:wink:

No such luck for me. The twonky server is idle and it’s been like that for days. I still have duplicate cover art.

SandyEgo wrote:
Thanks for responses. The movies are encoded as h264 inside an m4v container. Some of the movies exceed 4gb but many are below 2gb and they all exhibit duplicated cover art. The program I used to add metadata is well known and should handle large files.

The movies are all in the same folder “movies”. The only thing I separate by folder are TV shows. I hope I don’t have to place each movie in a folder with a JPEG cover art alongside. Seems too much work.

Well, that’s a limitation with Twonky.  Either the art has to be embeded or you have to have each movie/coverart in it’s own folder.

The art is embedded. It’s a bug in twonky.

I think I am going to yank the drive out of mycloud and install it In a Synology.
Way too many bugs and instability. The lower cost of mycloud does not compensate for all the time wasted with this thing,

Well, that’s an issue with Twonky and not an issue with the My Cloud itself.

Even if you put the drive in a different NAS, if you still use Twonky you’re not going to improve things in that area.