Twonky Media

I uploaded some video files to my Live Book, but I was unable to see them on DNLA devices (WD TV Live & Humax T2 STB). I Accesed the Live Book via the dashboard, and on the settings, media, page, I did a re-scan for DNLA enabled devices on the network, but it did not find any. I’ve done a reset, power cycled routers, and both DNLA devices, but to no avail, the Live Book still does not see any DNLA devices. I can see media on my laptop, and the TV Live sees the media as a “Windows Share”. All devces are connected via ethernet cable.

Any suggestions please?

Are all the devices within the same workgroup? 

You’re putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Some devices won’t necessarily appear in the DLNA device list until they register themselves with the server (The MBL.)

Some other devices will register when the server “discovers” them.

The fact that your WDTV Live isn’t seeing the files is a different issue entirely.

You need to make sure that Twonky has indexed the files.

The easiest way to do that is to go to the Twonky Media page and look at the content via the web.   If you see it there, then it is indexed.

BTW, Workgroup configuration has nothing to do with Twonky, so don’t worry about that.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

You’re putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Some devices won’t necessarily appear in the DLNA device list until they register themselves with the server (The MBL.)

Some other devices will register when the server “discovers” them.

The fact that your WDTV Live isn’t seeing the files is a different issue entirely.

You need to make sure that Twonky has indexed the files.

The easiest way to do that is to go to the Twonky Media page and look at the content via the web.   If you see it there, then it is indexed.

BTW, Workgroup configuration has nothing to do with Twonky, so don’t worry about that.

OK, thanks to both contributors. On the first point all devices are in the same work group.

All has worked fine for a few months. I had a few glitches a couple of days ago when I uploaded some files to the MBL but I was unable to see them on either DLNA player. It was only when I did a “rescan” on the Twonky page that the MBL vanished from both devices.

Now, just in case I’m not giving you the correct info, I assume the “dashboard” is what I get to when I double click the MBL icon on my network window, and it opens up a page on my browser, which is Chrome BTW. 

When you say I should look for the content “via the web”, do you mean registering with MioNet? As I have not done that yet. Finally, how do I ascertain whether Twonky has indexed the files? 

Thanks for input and your patience.

Pete

mionet?  No.  That doesn’t even exist any more.   Just Use your browser to go to the Twonky Web UI on you MBL.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

mionet?  No.  That doesn’t even exist any more.   Just Use your browser to go to the Twonky Web UI on you MBL.

Yeah, that’s the way 'I’ve been accessing the MBL. 

How do I “index” the media? 

I had to do a factory reset and it seems to have done the trick, as its showing up on my media players again.

Now all I have to restore all my files :cry: