Twonky Issues with WDTV live hub

Got the live hub last week, am loving the moviesheets and the ability to play any format I throw at it, however when I try to use twonky through my PC nothing happens.

I can get to the login screen, which then gives me the option to click media, I then tick Enabled and Launch Twonky and the popup window shows the same menu as I’ve just seen, can’t get to the Twonky media server menu. Any ideas why that is?

Also have an issue that WD Photos app on ipad and iphone gives a 701 can’t find the device error. Have trawled the net and posts on the WDC but cannot seem to find a solution for either Twonky or WD Photos problem.

I have the live hub connected via cable to sky router, I know the hub is getting a connection as it downloaded the firmware fine, and also have used Buzz Player on iphone and 8Player on ipad to stream music and videos.

I’m thinking its something to do with the wonderful piece of kit :smileyvery-happy: that is my sky Sagem router!!

Any help would be much appreciated as I’m starting to lose the will to live and am too impatient to wait for Monday to contact WD support.

Thanks in advance.

Dunc

DId you figure this out?

Wed  13/12

Just wanted to know if you got your problem sorted.

I’ve got the same problem,  I can get to the login screen, which then gives me the option to click media, I then tick Enabled and Launch Twonky and the popup window shows the same menu as I’ve just seen, can’t get to the Twonky media server menu.

Like you I’ve trawled through lots of internet sites and forums trying to find a solution and I havn’t found anything to resolve the issue.

Fixed my Twonky

Type in           hhtp://wdtvlivehub:9000

I didn’t solve the problem, just tried your suggestion, works a treat, thanks for that.

nice find. i had been unable to access twonkey too. now that i have, i have a stupid question. what am i supposed to do with that ? it seems that the only thing that it is used for is to view the files on the hub… but since i have mine set up as a a mapped drive i can already see and edit it from in windows… am i missing something ? is there another reason to use it?? also, i am not able to choose folders or anything from the pc itself… is that supposed to be how it works?

Had same problem, spent two days on phone with support people that kept running me through the same steps over and over…

Exchanged unit for new one and twonky worked fine until I did the last firmware update to 3.???

Found link to rollback firmware to last version before 3.???  (below)

After rolling back firmware, everything worked fine with Twonky server…

Hum…(Outsourcing support might not be the best choice)    being polite…

pw2009

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/p/208,342/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNTIzNDA2Ny9zaWQvQnFOQlVTTWs%3D

How did you set the WD TV Live Hub up as a network drive?  My PC only sees it as a media server…

I hate to say I have no idea, but I have no idea. I was just messing around with setting trying to get the thing to work and get the files from my computer to be seen. Next thing I noticed is that it was showing up as a mapped drive. I seem to remember a setting somewhere asking me if I wanted it to be a networked drive,but I don’t remember where. Still wondering what the point of twonky is. Just to view the files ?

I had the issue where it wouldn’t launch, I just made sure it was enabled, rebooted the box and then manaually entered the address of twonky: “%hostname%:9000”… as for what it does, media devices such as the media centre for windows and such display the library from the network so it can be easily access without mapping or physically going to the box and opening the files to view them.

ahh.  thanks.  So if i already mapped the drive anyway, it doesn’t really matter.

thanks.

wrong posting, sry

hhtp://wdtvlivehub:9000

You typed this in where???

1 Like