Twonky Beam app is awesome for WDTV, Roku, etc

The problem is with Twonky Beam, and not the WD.  Suggest you check in at the Twonky Help forum http://community.twonky.com/twonky

Meanwhile, here are some tips:  If I continue to get this error msg, I totally shut down th TB app on my iPad.  I restart, give it time to settle down and try again.  Usually works.  If this does not help, then uninstall TB on your device and then reinstall it.

And sometimes stuff is just not compatible, but not all stuff.  If you try to beam YT videos over an hour long, you could get this msg.  Blame YT.

The new version of beam (3.5) bites the big one. I reinstalled 3.4. I don’t know why they thought they improved this app. Lots of people complaining about it in the play store reviews. So a warning… back up the 3.4 version before you update. I used ES file explorer to backup. Once I saw what a total mess they made of this app I removed it and reinstalled my backup. 

I still have v3.4.5-44 on my iPad, and v3.4.5-300 on the (Android) Kindle Fire HD, and both were updated over the weekend, I believe.  Have no problems, so what’s the issue(s) you refer to?.

I was unable to find the free Twony file. Do you have a source?

Thanks.

jlanaux wrote:

I was unable to find the free Twony file. Do you have a source?

Thanks.

Just search for twonky beam on google play or iTunes.