Two questions on MyCloud

1. I inadvertently deleted My Device from my account for wd2go. I tried re-activating it from the original link sent to my e-mail, but the link is expired. Is the best way to add it back in to remove the user and then add it back it in? Can I use the original e-mail address? (I was able to add myself as a nother user with a different e-mail)

2. Every 2 weeks or so, I cannot connect remotely to mycloud via wd2go. I have to re-boot the mycloud at home and then it works but in a week or so it will not connect. Is this just a bug or something I can premanently fix. 

Sorry if these are repeat questions but I couldn’t find anything in a search. 

JJ

jbjewitt wrote:

1. I inadvertently deleted My Device from my account for wd2go. I tried re-activating it from the original link sent to my e-mail, but the link is expired. Is the best way to add it back in to remove the user and then add it back it in? Can I use the original e-mail address? (I was able to add myself as a nother user with a different e-mail)

You can go to the NAS UI and request a new email, or you can remove the remote access of that user and reactivate it. You can also simply access your NAS on the local network once to set it back up.

jbjewitt wrote:

1. Every 2 weeks or so, I cannot connect remotely to mycloud via wd2go. I have to re-boot the mycloud at home and then it works but in a week or so it will not connect. Is this just a bug or something I can premanently fix. 

Sorry if these are repeat questions but I couldn’t find anything in a search. 

JJ

It looks like a dynamic address issue. You should give the NAS a fixed IP address from your router UI (see the user manual of your router to do so), or assign a fixed IP address from the NAS UI (see user manual of the NAS for the latter - in this case, choose an IP address outside of the DCHP IP range in your router). The first method is simpler.

1 Like

Both operations done. Thanks — will let you know how it works. 

J

How do I request a new e-mail for the user I deleted the device from? (I’m assuming in MyCloud dashboard)

I’m not sure I want to delete it because it’s the admin for the dashboard.

Right you shouldn/t attempt to delete the admin user, if it is the admin. You can go to the remote access tab of the NAS UI and you should see the list of users that have remote access enabled. One of the icons shows a pen (from the top of my head), clicking on it triggers a new email for registration on wd2go.com.

One question: do you use port forwarding on your NAS or is it set on auto with UPnP enabled on your router?

Yes - I have port forwarding established on the WD Dashboard. UPnP is enabled on the router

Second. - when I hit the icon (not the pencil)  for the user to re-send registration e-mail it says error - falied to update device user - 400068

The pencil appears to be used to change the e-mail address for that user.

I had this user error after updating the users, etc. I ended up do a factory system reset (the one that leaves the content intact, but you have to set up users share acess again). If that doesn’t take care of it, you can try to run the set up software again. This will create a new admin user, then you can delete the older admin. If this fails, you might have to do a system  factory restore (that erases the content, shares and users).